[Coladam] old computer question

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Tue Sep 1 06:25:46 CEST 2009

I'm going to open this up to the list as I know some of you are much more knowledgable about computers than myself.

I inherited a REAL old computer from my wife's office. It's a 386/33 but other than that has no identifying marks on it as to who made it or the model or anything.

When I turn it on, it does it's memory check and then asks for a password. My wife has no idea what it might be as this computer has been in a closet and hasn't been used in probably six or seven years.

How do I clear the password or reset the BIOS settings? I've tried the obvious...pulling off the little hats covering various jumper pins inside, but that doesn't seem to do any good. None of them are marked with anything identifying...other than the J #'s.

I had thought of pulling out the battery too, but it's one of those types that's soldered into the computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe B.