[Coladam] Not strictly Adam Related

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 11:01:02 CEST 2009

I know people don't care significantly for non-adam related messages on
here, this one "Might" be accepted by the group.

First off -
     1. It has nothing to do with Obamacare, Politics, Finance, Religion, or
any other sensitive topics.
     2. It would be a neat project to try if it hasn't been done

I know I had read on the Internet that there is a way to hook up the Adam
DataDrive to a Sinclair computer.  Would anyone happen to have the
schematics and/or instructions on how that could be accomplished.  The other
part of this question, would be, does anyone know if there is a way to hook
up the datadrives to other tape-based systems?

I have a few vintage computers that do not have a method to store data to a
floppy drive (Some of them are simple microprocessor trainers, others are
complete computers.)  I would like to try to find out if there would be a
way to use the Adam tape drives on some or many of the various classic
systems.

Atari 400/800
Commodore VIC-20
Commodore 64/128
Timex Sinclair (I have a T/S 1000)
Rockwell AIM-65

While a long shot - IBM DOS/Windows - I just think it would be cool to put a
DDP into my Windows machine for grins and giggles.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to use high quality audio tapes in
the DD?

Thanks,

Joe

Normal Person: So you go surfing?