[Coladam] PC Interface to Adam DDP Drive

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:32:42 CEST 2009

Does anyone know if there ever was an interface to connect the Adam DDP
drives to a PC?

I am considering working with a friend of mine who has developed several
interfaces for other machines and drives mostly utilizing CPLD's.

If one had been made before, I would like to try to get one, if not, I think
it would be a good thing to have.  Imagine using AdamEm with a real Adam
Tape, or utilities to be able backup/restore the tape images.  Also would
probably be able to perform a low-level format of the a tape (I guess
Low-Level is the best way to define it due to the way it has been done)

If anyone has the programming experience and would like to help with this
project, let me know.  Also, if someone actually had done this at some point
in the past and had a working design, I would like to get that and build
one.

Thanks,

Joe

Normal Person: So you go surfing?