[Coladam] PC Interface to Adam DDP Drive

Joseph Oprysko joprysko1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:47:05 CEST 2009

Well, apparently the data drive uses both +12v and +5 Volts, both readily
available from the PC's power supply.  It would really just be a matter of
bridging the +12v to the interface board (or a small external power supply
if the Adam's drive was attached externally)  If done using just the 2
cables from the drive to the PC, could build in a power connector onto the
board that you would attach one of the hard drive/floppy drive power
connectors.  Nothing real serious to overcome.  The other option would be to
build a small interface board that both Data Drive connectors would attach
to, and then have a cable connector (like a floppy or hard drive cable) to
interface it to the PC.  And on that little daughter board have the power
connector.  Either way, it is nothing insurmountable.