[Coladam] re Sequel 2.0

Ronald Mitchell bytehacker at tallcedarskennels.com
Sun Nov 1 05:17:10 CET 2009

Need some assistance with Chris Braymen's Sequel Midi sequencer and
wondering if anyone out there has any ideas.

Those of you who have used Sequel know that one of the first things it
does when loaded is to look for the presence of a Midi-Mite interface.
If the interface is not found, the software will not load. The same
applies Chris's Mini Recorder software.

All of that means that Sequel and Mini Recorder are not useable on the
Adam Emulator.

All of which give me a bit of a problem. My old Adam, when last run,
blew the household breakers. Haven't plugged it in since. Making up
some fresh Midi files for the card might turn into a bit of a challenge.

Sequel provides a very convenient way of editing midi files so that
they can be used by the Christmas Card program.  I've been able to do
do some new carols with mac midi software, but mostly the files are
too long and have too many tracks to be to be run on the Adam without
severe editing.

So my question to the hackers out there:  Is there a way of convincing
Sequel to load without looking for a MidiMite interface, so that the
rest of the program can be used to load and edit midi files?

If worst comes to worst, I can always use .adm files used in previous
years' cards. But would prefer to add something new.

Any thoughts?

Ron Mitchell