[Coladam] ADAM Viruses?

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Fri Jan 8 01:22:24 CET 2010

I'll admit to writing a "virus" for the ADAM once...back in the good old
days there was this real obnoxious twit...had to be a kid...me and one of my
ADAM buddies were in cohoots on the deal. I wrote a program in basic that
supposedly would condense your original Donkey Kong tape down to half its
size by "compacting the blocks" so it could be written to a disk. What it
really did was do a INIT to the tape and then put a "ha, ha, ha, you've been
had" message on the screen before erasing itself. I sent it to my friend and
then he re-mailed it from Los Angeles - supposedly from a software company -
with a note saying they'd like this guy to test the software and write a
review of it. Neither of us heard anything about it from him (he was on
CompuServe a lot), so I don't know if he fell for it or not...ah, the good
ol' days....

p.s. - if you knew who this guy was, you probably would have done it too!!!
I assure you it was no one on this list though or anyone of any consequence
in the ADAM community.

Joe B.