[Coladam] ADAM modem & viruses

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Fri Jan 22 19:33:05 CET 2010

On Fri, January 22, 2010 11:59 am, Joe Blenkle wrote:

> As far as viruses go...I get them in emails every so often, but the company
> I have my domains hosted on and email through has a virus checker on their
> end, plus my virus software on my computer catches whatever theirs misses.

Here's the Anna Kournikova virus (2001) translated from Visual Basic
to SmartBASIC.  Unfortunately you cannot run the program in SmartBASIC
without getting a "?String too long in line 60" error -- SmartBASIC
strings are limited to 255 characters :-)

    http://drushel.cwru.edu/anna_kournikova_adam.html

QuickBASIC, GWBASIC etc. can deal with the program logic, but not the
Applesoft file I/O syntax.  In any case, the interested are invited to
play with the code.  Needless to say, it cannot infect a real ADAM :-)

    *Dr. D.*