[Coladam] Computer error question for you smart people out there.

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Fri Feb 12 00:11:55 CET 2010

Thanks for the information. As I said, this screen wasn't mine, but I get
something similar. On mine, the last two lines are different. I get the
STOP: line with a different series of numbers and letters after it, and then
a line that says "beginning dump of physical memory."

I have found another reference to the "blue screen of death" that gave a web
page with the error codes: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

But I still can't determine what is causing my computer to get this blue
screen. The person who posted that link went on to say that basically the
screen means something is screwed up in Windows and generally a re-install
will fix it. From what I can understand -- it could be anything, screwed up
drivers, incompatible software or hardware, etc.

I only want to do a re-install as a last resort, however. It seems like when
I do that, I can never get my computer quite back to the way it was before.

It makes me appreciate my ADAM that much more...you plug it in and basically
it either works or it doesn't....

thanks

Joe B.