[Coladam] A look at NIAD Newsletter

Steve Pitman swp at cinci.rr.com
Sun Feb 21 08:25:12 CET 2010

Yeah, definitely no piracy with NIAD, they were one of the most trustworthy
businesses that I have ever dealt with.  I wish I could say that about all
of the Adam related businesses but unfortunately there were a couple of
dishonest ones.  I received regular orders or payments from NIAD for years
but there were a couple of other major Adam retailers that I received
nothing from, except disappointment when some people registered their
software with me and I found that they were sold copies with non-existent
serial numbers (back when I was doing the duplication myself and had serial
numbers). I not a very religious person either but thank god for NIAD,  it
was refreshing to see that some businesses truly did care about the Adam.

There were a lot of people upset with Solomon Swift back then (Digital
Express, Nibbles & Bits, Phoenix 2000, etc...),  I don't know all the
stories but I personally never had a problem with him.  I was shocked when
he contacted me awhile after he disappeared from the Adam scene just to pay
me what he owed me,  I never expected that.

Developing software for the Adam was never about the money though, I was
making games for the fun of it, games that I wanted to play and I was glad
that some other people found them entertaining as well, at least some of
them...  I now fully understand now why nobody was able to get the hang of
Robothief,  it's incredibly difficult!  back then I had so much experience
from playing it for those several months that I spent writing it that I
really didn't think it was hard,  it actually seemed easy to me back then...
but I played it recently and holy cow!!   what was I thinking?  I can't get
past the first few levels!   lol     hey, I most likely hold the record for
the most difficult piece of software ever written for the Adam, ha ha!

Oh well, just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents  :)

See Ya