[Coladam] adam ddp tones to PC

Ronald Mitchell bytehacker at tallcedarskennels.com
Wed Mar 3 04:36:45 CET 2010

Yeah, that was me Steve.

And you're quite right, there's no .NET for Mac so far as I know.

I have REALBASIC 2008 for the Mac, and it's supposed to be able to
handle VB.NET with minor adjustments, but I've not used it very much,
so I really don''t know...

However, not to worry, Geoff Oltmans has an awesome port of Adamem
that runs on the Mac (PPC or Mac Book).

I'm still pretty much schizophrenic when it comes to Operating
Systems. Have XP running on my Mac Book, under Parallels desktop, and
Virtual ADAM does just fine there. On my Win box  (Vista home premium)
on a 1.8 Gig Sempron with a Gig of RAM,  I'm still getting this
runtime error message number 5. Doesn't seem to matter whether I have
EOS disk images or TDOS images loaded, or which drive I attempt to
boot from.  I adjusted the permissions to read/write/execute for
'everybody', and that didn't make any difference.

I'll send you an exact quote of that error message next time I have
the Win box plugged in.

Ron  Mitchell