[Coladam] New version of Virtual ADAM

Steve Pitman swp at cinci.rr.com
Mon Mar 8 15:47:00 CET 2010

When writing Virtual Adam I tried a few different versions of Dosbox and had
some strange problems, mostly with joystick sensitivity, so unless we would
really benefit from the new version I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.
Are there any new features that you know of that would make it worthwhile?

I think that you can switch the version of Dosbox in your current Virtual
Adam installation if anyone wants to check it out, this would probably
work...

1. Install the latest version of DosBox
2. Go into the Virtual Adam folder and rename the DOSBOX-0.72 folder to
DOSBOX-0.72-OLD
3. Locate the new version of DosBox (wherever you installed it to) and copy
the folder into the Virtual Adam folder
4. Rename the new DosBox folder to DOSBOX-0.72 and copy the mapper.txt file
from DOSBOX-0.72-OLD to the new DOSBOX-0.72 (overwrite if necessary)

I can't guarantee that will work because I haven't tried it.  If it doesn't
then just remove the new dosbox folder from Virtual Adam and rename the
DOSBOX-0.72-OLD back to DOSBOX-0.72

I'll play around with it as well but have a couple of other projects I want
to finish first.

Thanks,
Steve