[Coladam] Anyone remember Buck A. Rogers?

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 18:06:47 CEST 2010

As far as I can recollect, Buck A. Rogers was CON-MAN! I never dealt with
him and never say his newsletter (if one was every published). I do recall
back in the day that he had announced many different hardware items and
nothing was ever released. This is actually going back before ny days at
NIAD.

The only thing that makes sense with some of his hardware products he talked
about was the 3.25" Floppy Disk Drive. An old member of NIAD did come across
one of these Coleco Prototypes which installed inside of the Digital Data
Drives and used 3.25" disks with a capacity of 256K (same as a data pack). I
never did see it, but I did see a lot of the other items mentioned in the
last two issues of NIAD that were published. So it is possible that Buck
Rogers got his hands on some of these Coleco prototypes and was planning to
reproduce them as his own creaion or simply showed these off to members of
his group and took credit for them as well as money.

Someone like Lyle Marschand would be able to shed some more light on this
subject as I think he had some dealings with him and probably all bad like
everyone else experienced.