[Coladam] ADAMnet cables (was Re: Virtual ADAM 1.03)

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Tue Apr 6 14:46:05 CEST 2010

On Mon, April 5, 2010 10:19 pm, Joe Blenkle wrote:

> Also, I'm sure some of you already know this, but ADAMNet cables are
> just your standard old RJ12 6 Conductor Crossed Telephone Line Cords.

    Hi Joe, not sure about the "crossed" part.  I always made mine
what I called "straight through", meaning that the "up" side of both
connectors was on the same side of the flat 6-conductor cable.  But
maybe you mean "crossed" as in "pin 1 of one connector maps to pin 6
of the other connector"?

    I always thought "crossed" for phone cable meant that the "up"
sides of the connectors were on opposite sides of the flat cable
(i.e., you mounted the second connector upside-down relative to the
first).

    *Rich* (still have a spool of cable, connectors, and crimp tool)