[Coladam] Sorry I Missed the Chat

Guy Bona-AdamEm Utilities adamemut at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 25 04:27:20 CEST 2010

HI Everyone,

Well, sorry I had to miss the chat last night. A very severe thunderstorm roared through here during the height of the evening rush hour yesterday. Not only, did this storm knocked out the power to practically the entire village where I live, but we got dumped with at least 4 to 5 inches of rain.

It was coming down in sheets and I was stuck at Jeanene's apartment when I picked up Annie for a good half hour because of the pouring rain. Finally started easing up, but the streets were flooded from all of this. I crept on home, Annie and I made it safely home. My power did not come on until I got home from work.

When were on our afternoon walk today, we saw a lot of carpeting, furniture out on the curbs since quite of number of peoples basements got flooded during this violent storm. This is one I would probably not forget. I guessing Bob and Judy may have gotten this same storm and I'm sure the Drushel's may have gotten this one too.

It was good thing I just got off the train before this storm got here. Otherwise, I would have not gotten home until way later. Consider myself lucky I caught an early Purple Line Express train when I left work. Will see you all next week.

Guy