[Coladam] ROM images of R59 and R77 SmartWriter?

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Tue Jul 6 21:41:56 CEST 2010

On Tue, July 6, 2010 4:24 pm, Joe Blenkle wrote:

> Rich...is Drive 2 functional in this version? I haven't actually tried it
> the way you described (yet) booting from SmartBasic, but seemingly if you
> replace the WP.ROM file in ADAMem (I actually use the ADAMemMam or Virtual
> ADAM front ends) with the R97 one Drive 2 does come up in SmartWriter.

     Hi Joe, it ought to work.  I admit I never burned it to EPROM and
put it into an ADAM to try out.  All my testing even back in 1997 was
with whatever version of ADAMem was out there.  What I described with SB
was what I just did here under ADAMem 1.0 in the RealPC DOS emulator
for MacOS 9.x, to refresh my memory.

> I've successfully retrieved a file from Drive 2 into SmartWriter, but it
> won't let me save a file to either Drive 1 or 2 with this ROM installed if
> there are disks in both drives. If there is only a disk in Drive 1, then it
> lets me save.

     Hmmm.  It's possible that I didn't patch it in completely correctly.
I have no recollection of testing much beyond what I described above, i.e.,
disk2 appeared if it was mounted -diskb in ADAMem.  I would have to look over
the source...or you can :-S  The parts I added for disk2 and RAMdisk are
commented.

     I will play with this more later today, I hope (at work now).  If I
can produce the bug, I can trace it out from the menus.

     *Dr. D.*

P.S.  for some reason your post ended up in my spam trap :-S