[Coladam] Latest update on the display/printer saga

Justin Salvato justin76here at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 22:31:32 CET 2010

I opened up the first printer, the one giving me display problems, but could print.  I took some compressed air to it.  Made some observations: 1) some screws were missing 2) the wires & components are slightly different than the 2nd printer.  3) a shield that was blocking the daisy wheel/print mechanism  in the 2nd printer, was not present in this one.

Well, ever since I put it back together, does display hasn’t screwed up on me. A Christmas miracle perhaps?  I dunno.

However, my second ADAM is pretty much useless, but if I ever get around to learning electronics, I’d like to repair it.

Justin