[Coladam] Latest update on the display/printer saga

mark mark104 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 00:45:50 CET 2010

don't know if this is the "reset" your talking about:

Print Head Whines Fix
From: The Paper Peripheral

Journal of the Triangle ADAM Users

February, 1987

Many ADAM printers exhibit a common problem, The print head moves to
the right, then stops and whines, There is a simple(?) remedy for this
problem, Turn off the printer. Remove the Printer cover. Slide the
print head all the way to the right, Locate, in the upper left corner
of the circuit board. a small metal circle next to an upside down
"E-8".

Obtain a wide blade screwdriver or similar metal tool. Place the blade
so it touches both the metal circle and the small metal box behind it.
While maintaining this contact turn on the printer. The print head
should begin moving to the left. Maintain the contact until you must
remove you hand to allow the print head to pass.

If all went well the printer should print out random characters, Turn
off the printer, then turn it back on and try it out, it should now
work properly. If it still whines turn off the printer and try again,
If you try this Please be extra careful, TAU can assume no
responsibility for damage.

-Mark