[Coladam] ADAMLink V

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Fri Jan 7 17:03:03 CET 2011

On Thu, January 6, 2011 8:35 pm, Joe Blenkle wrote:

> Does anyone here know where I can obtain ADAMLink V -- preferably on DDP?

     Herman and George (HLM-GMK) were the licensed distributors; I was the
programmer who made the V upgrades to IV alpha.  (Lots of disassembly and
binary patching required; there was no source code.)  There was a registration
procedure for each copy sold, to make it obviously unique and traceable in the
case of piracy.

     My Mini Winnie HD system should have all the tools necessary to
produce a properly-licensed copy and write it to DDP.  However, I have not
booted that system for many years -- the last time that I can definitively
say that it was operational was at ADAMcon XIII (August 2001).  The hardware
has been stored under good conditions, even after my divorce and move, so
chances are good that it is all still operational.  It is probably the work
of a weekend to assemble and test everything.  I had intended to do this
"soon" as part of prep for ADAMcon 23.

     I would be happy to make a copy, with permission from Herman and
George, if they aren't able to provide one.  I don't know if either has
a working ADAM system at this time.

     *Rich*