[Coladam] Using DCOPY, ADAM Connection and ADAM---DOS with 5 1/4" 1.2Mb Disk Drives

Joe Blenkle jblenkle at sacnews.net
Sat Jan 8 05:38:09 CET 2011

In my personal experience using DCOPY, I have never successfully written an
ADAM disk using a 1.2mb drive. I get repeated disk errors. Likewise, running
DCOPY with DOS shelled from Windows also seems to make DCOPY choke. I always
boot DOS (6.xx or lower) first from a floppy and then run DCOPY on my 2nd PC
which has a 1.44mb 3 1/2" drive as well as a 360k 5 1/4" drive. Never had a
problem that way.

As I remember, it used to run fine using Windows 3.1...and maybe Windows 95
& ME...but from XP on it gave me problems.