[Coladam] ADAM vaporware?

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 02:01:08 CET 2011

Justin,

Once Coleco abandoned the ADAM, the deal they had struck with Westico was
null and void. I don't think Westico ever converted one CP/M program to ADAM
CP/M format. Thankfully, Elliam Associates stepped in and offered their
conversion services for quite a number of years. I don't know exactly all
the programs that they ended up converting to ADAM CP/M format, but the
following programs from your list were made available and more than like
some of the others:

- MicroSoft Basic v4.51
- dBASE II v2.4
- WordStar v3.0 and v3.3

Lots of other commercial programs were converted as well, but I didn't pay
as much attention to this alternate OS for the ADAM. I basically learned
enough in order to help people with the basics, etc.

Jim