[Coladam] ADAMCon

cleechez at tamcotec.com cleechez at tamcotec.com
Tue Jul 12 05:14:39 CEST 2011

Quoting geoffrey oltmans <oltmansg at bellsouth.net>:

> Hey guys...
>
> Just curious if there's a schedule of events yet for ADAMCon? I'm trying to
> figure out what time I need to get to the hotel on Sunday. :)

Geoff - the dirty little secret of Adamcon is that the agenda is
really a wish list. The gossip while everyone is having breakfast
becomes a meaningful activity,and folks drift off to the first
scheduled session as the room empties. The session starts when enough
people show up, the clock is a secondary influence.

Essentially Adamcon is a group of friends who reach a consensus as to
what they feel like talking about, and about when they'd like to stop
by and hear the discussion. But times aren't absolute, folks sleep in
or get diverted, the discussion runs out of steam early or keeps going
till it runs over the next subject, or something else just proves more
interesting. Everything is flexible, even lunch (but less so as it's
catered.

Come when you can, do what you want - you're among friends with the
same basic hobby and clocks don't matter, your satisfaction does. Come
when you can, stay as long as you can, and you should find every
minute a good return on the investment of your time.