[Coladam] Hardware list?

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 23:18:52 CEST 2011

Geoff,

Here is my list that I have compiled. A lot of the work that I have been
doing will eventually show up on: www.colecoindustries.com

Coleco & ADAM Computer Hardware

This list details all known hardware products developed for the Coleco ADAM
Computer. This list is as complete as I can get it and if anyone has
additions to be

made, please send them to me at: jnoti2 at comcast.net

CURRENT DEVELOPERS

ADAM's HOUSE / eCOLECO (Terry Fowler)

Webpage: www.eColeco.com

Sheet Metal Cover with Power On Light for removed ADAM Printer Power Supply

Micro Innovations line of products (see his website for details)

Port-A-ADAM - Portable ADAM Computer System

Video 80 Column Board Kit

ATARIMAX (Steven J. Tucker)

Webpage: www.atarimax.com

AtariMax 128-in-1 USB Flash Multi-Cart ColecoVision or ADAM Cartridge Slot
and Windows Utility Program

AtariMax Ultimate SD-Cart ColecoVision or ADAM Cartridge Slot

Coleco Clinic (Todd Scheele)

Yurkie on www.AtariAge.com Coleco/ADAM Forums or Scheeletd at msn.com - (419)
460-7799

Arcade Ball Hand Controller Upgrade and Refurbish

Discrete Single Jack A/V Composite Upgrade for ColecoVision Game System

Discrete Pause Button Upgrade of ColecoVision Game System

No-Intro Chip and Socket Uprade

Straightening of Hand Controller Coiled Cable

Repairs, Restoration and Replacements available as well!

Unnamed (else)

Else on www.AtariAge.com Coleco/ADAM Forums

ADAMnet SD Drive (prototype developed and mass-production in planning stage)
ADAMnet

PAST DEVELOPERS

A.A.L. Computing (California)

Chatterbox Voice Synthesizer Kit ?

ADAM TECH (Joe Zingale)

External Power Supply

ADAMLand (Buck A. Rogers)

Varification of the existence of these products is sketchy. Numerous other
were stated as available or in production.

256K Memory Expander ?

IBM Co-Processor / Emulator ?

ADAMLink of UTAH (Alan Neely)

ADAM X-10 Home Automation Package with Serial Interface Internal Expansion
Slot #1

Auto-Answer Device ?

BONAFIDE SYSTEMS (Chris Braymen)

MIDI-Mite Interface External Expansion Bus

CAPITAL SOFTWARE

C Parallel Interface Internal Expansion Slot #1

COLECO

3 1/4" 256K Disk Dive - Prototype Internal Data Drive Bay

5 1/4" 160K Single-Sided Floppy Disk Drive ADAMnet

64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

ADAM Expansion Module #3 Memory Console

ADAM Hand Controller (Tan)

ADAM Keyboard

ADAM Keyboard Hand Controller Attachment

ADAM Memory Console

ADAM Printer

ADAMLink 300 Baud Internal Modem Internal Expansion Slot #1

ADAMLink 1200 Baud Internal Modem - Prototype Internal Expansion Slot #1

ADAMnet 6ft. Flat Cable

ADAMnet 2ft. Coiled Cable

AUTODialer External Expansion Bus

Digital Data Drive Internal Data Drive Bay

Digital Data Pack Formatter (converted Expansion Module #3) - Prototype
Stand-alone Unit

ColecoVision Game Console

Expansion Module #1 - Atari VCS (2600) Adapter

Expansion Module #2 - Driving Controller with Turbo Cartridge

Expansion Module #x - Super Game Module - Prototype There are a couple of
there

Expansion Module #x - IntelliVision Adapter - Prototype There is at least
one out there

Expansion Module #x - CD Module - Prototype

KidVid Controller - Prototype Never released. For Berenstain Bears and Smurf
Play 'n Learn

Roller Controller with Slither Cartridge

Super Action Controllers with Super Action Baseball Cartridge

DATA BACKUP (Wes Rudy)

ADAM Printer Tractor Feed

ADAM Printer Sound Enclosure

ADAM Printer Stand and Front On/Off Switch

E&T SOFTWARE / M.M.S.G. (Ed Jenkins)

3 1/2" 720K Disk Drive Conversion ADAMnet

5 1/4" 320K Double-Sided Floppy Disk Drive Conversion ADAMnet

5 1/4" 160K SS/DD F.D.D. Eprom Update Corrects bugs, decreases format time.
Developed in conjuntion with M.M.S.G.

5 1/4" 320K DS/DD F.D.D. Eprom Update for Eve Electronics Drive Conversion
Corrects bugs, decreases format time. Developed in conjuntion with M.M.S.G.

64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

64K Memory Expander (unpopulated memory chip sockets) Internal Expansion
Slot #3

Centronics Parallel Interface with Addresser Function Internal Expansion
Slot #2

Centronics Parallel Interface, Addressor with 8 dip-switch settings for all
ADAM output ports Internal Expansion Slot #2

E&T Brand Digital Data Packs

MegaRAM Memory Expander (256K to 1MB) Internal Expansion Slot #3

MegaRAM Memory Expander 256K SIPP Module

MegaRAM Memory Expander Addressor Card (for Memory Expanders larger then
64K) Internal Expansion Slot #2

EVE ELECTRONICS (Hank Szretter)

5 1/4" 160K Coleco SS/DD Floppy Disk Drive Upgrade to 5 1/4" DS/DD 320K
Floppy Disk Drive

DC-1A 5 1/4" 160K Single-Sided/Double Density Floppy Disk Drive (Never
Released) ADAMnet

DC-1A 5 1/4" 320K Double-Sided//Double Density Floppy Disk Drive (Never
Released) ADAMnet

CEA-1 Card Edge Adapter (connects Coleco AutoDialer to MA-3)

ColecoVision & Exp. Mod, #3 Monitor Conversion Kit

MA-3 Multi-Unit Cable Adapter External Expansion Bus

ME-64 64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

MON-80 80 Column Monochrome Terminal with Interface Card Internal Expansion
Slot #2

PS-1A System Power Supply (replaced ADAM Printer Power Supply)

SP-1 RS232 Serial / Parallel Interface External Expansion Bus

SP-1C Parallel & Serial Cables

SP-1P Parallel Interface External Expansion Bus

SS-CC Speech Synthesizer/Clock Card External Expansion Bus

VD-MB 80 Column Unit with System Power Supply and 4 Internal Expansion Slots
External Expansion Bus

HILKER ENTERPRISES (Michael D. Hilker)

GEN-Lock Video Production Modification ADAM motherboard modification for
overlaying graphics and text onto video/vcr displays

IN-HOUSE SERVICE REPS (Don Pearlman - former Coleco employee & Joe Magner)

64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

256K Memory Expander External Expansion Bus

512K Memory Expander External Expansion Bus

768K Memory Expander (included motherboard with 5 expansion slots, power
supply and case) External Expansion Bus

1MB Memory Expander (included motherboard with 5 expansion slots, power
supply and case) External Expansion Bus

5 1/4" 320K Double-Sided Floppy Disk Drive ADAMnet

5 1/4" 640K Double Sided Floppy Disk Drive ADAMnet

Multi-Unit Adapter Cable External Expansion Bus

MICRO INNOVATIONS (Mark Gordon)

3 1/2" 720K ADAMnet Disk Drive ADAMnet

3 1/2" 1.44Mb ADAMnet Disk Drive ADAMnet

5 1/4" 320K ADAMnet DS/DD Floppy Disk Drive ADAMnet

5 1/4" 1.2MB ADAMnet Floppy Disk Drive ADAMnet - never officially released
for purchase

64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

256K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

1 Mb Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

2 Mb Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

ADAMnet Eproms for 5 1/4" & 3 1/2" ADAMnet Disk Drives Available in multiple
formats for E&T or Orphanware drive compatibility

ADAMnet IDE Hard Disk Drive ADAMnet - never officially released for purchase

Dual Serial I/O Card Internal Expansion Slot #1

Multi-Purpose Interface Board 2 (M.I.B. 2) Internal Expansion Slot #2 - 2
Serial/1 Parallel/Memory Addressor, power adapter connects to system power
supply

Multi-Purpose Interface Board 3 (M.I.B. 3) Internal Expansion Slot #2 - 2
Serial/1 Parallel/Memory Addressor/Boot Prom Socket

Parallel Printer Interface (9-pin and 24-pin compatible) Internal Expansion
Slot #2 - included a Boot Prom Socket

PowerMATE 2 Hard Disk Drive Subsystem (10, 20 or 40Mb MFM or RLL Hard Drive)
FIRST HARD DRIVE DESIGN: Internal Expansion Slot #2 and External Housing -
included 2 Serial/1 Parallel Port and 1 open drive bay for 5 1/4" 360K or 3
1/2" 720K Disk Drive

PowerMATE 4 Hard Disk Drive Subsystem (10, 20 or 40Mb MFM or RLL Hard Drive)
FIRST HARD DRIVE DESIGN: Internal Expansion Slot #2 and External Housing -
included 2 Serial/1 Parallel Port and 3 open drive bays for second H.D.D., 5
1/4" 360K or 3 1/2" 720K Disk Drive

PowerMATE Hard Disk Drive System (10, 20 or 40MB MFM or RLL Hard Drive)
SECOND HARD DRIVE DESIGN: Internal Expansion Slot #2 with PC Desktop Case -
included 2 Serial/1 Parallel Port and 3 open drive bays

PowerMATE L/C Hard Disk Drive (20 or 40Mb IDE Hard Drive) THIRD AND FINAL
HARD DRIVE DESIGN: Internal Expansion Slot #1

PowerMATE H/P Hard Disk Drive (20 or 40Mb IDE Hard Drive) THIRD AND FINAL
HARD DRIVE DESIGN: Internal Expansion Slot #2 - included a Boot Prom Socket
and H.D. Boot Prom Software, Parallel Port with Addressor Function

PowerMATE 5 1/4" 360K DS/DD Floppy Disk Drive Installed in PowerMATE 2 or 4
Housing

PowerMATE 3 1/2" 720K Disk Drive Installed in PowerMATE 2 or 4 Housing

PowerMATE Boot ROM Cartridge or Eprom

PowerMATE 40Mb Hard Drive - Low Cost Internal Expansion Slot #2 - included a
Parallel Interface, Memory Addressor Function, Boot EPROM and Clock Socket

PowerMATE Hard Disk Drive IDE Interface Card Installed in Internal Slot #1
(Hard Drive Interface only) or Slot #2 (Hard Drive Interface, Parallel
Interface with Addressor and Boot Prom Socket with drivers Eprom)

MPI Technologies

(manufacturer of the Coleco/ADAM 5 1/4" 160K SS/DD Floppy Disk Drive)

see N.I.A.D. Newsletter Issue #55 - July/August 1989 on page 4

Prototype 20Mb Hard Disk Drive Internal Expansion Slot #2

Goliath Computer Next generation ADAM Computer, sold overseas under
different name

OASIVE PENSIVE ABDUCTORS (Gary Bowser)

Mini-Wini 64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

ADAM Image Maker Never officially released?

ORPHANWARE/C.L. DIGITAL (John Lingrel/Ron Collins)

64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

128K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

256K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

512K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

3 1/2" 720K Disk Drive Conversion ADAMnet

5 1/4" 320K Double-Sided Floppy Disk Drive Conversion ADAMnet

80 Column Video Unit with Built-In Serial Interface External Expansion Bus

80 Column Video Unit without Serial Interface Plugs into EVE SP-1 Interface
which plugs into External Expansion Bus

Addressor Card (for use with 128K and larger Memory Expanders) Internal
Expansion Slot #2

Eprom: 4 Disk Drives accessible ADAMnet F.D.D. circuit board

Eprom: Clock Chip ADAM motherboard socket

Minni-Winnie Hard Disk Drive External Expansion Bus

Akron User's Group Hard Disk Drive

Akron User's Group Hard Disk Drive Interface Card ?

PIA2 Centronics Parallel Interface and Memory Addressor (for 128K M.E. and
larger) Internal Expansion Slot #2

Real-Time Clock Internal Expansion Slot #1

Serial Interface External Expansion Bus

Talker Speech Synthesizer External Expansion Bus

S.M. VIDEO (Shon McCallum & Minh Ta)

ADAM 150watt Power Supply

ADAM 200watt Power Supply

ADAM 285watt Power Supply

ADAM Power Supply AC Outlet Adapter

Dual Serial / 1 Parallel Ports Expansion Unit External Expansion Bus, no
software drivers required - contained on eproms

ADAM M-3 Mouse Joystick Port #1 (powered by batteries or AC adapter)

SmartTALK - 2 Serial/1 Parallel/Speech Synthesizer External Expansion Bus

SPECTRUM ELECTRONICS

64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

STEVE JACOBY ENTERPRISES (Steve Jacoby)

ADAM Voice Synthesizer ?

TeleGames USA

Personal Arcade Game System ColecoVision compatible system known as Dina in
Europe

THOMAS ELECTRONICS (Thomas Mackie)

ADAMouse I (internal with modification) Hand Controller Port #1

ADAMouse I (external with no modification) Hand Controller Port #1

ADAMouse II Hand Controller Port #1

TRISYD VIDEO GAMES (Syd Carter)

Dynomite Sound Digitizer Cartridge Slot

Dynomite Sound Digitizer with built-in SmartClock Eprom Cartridge Slot

Extended Format Digital Data Packs - 320K

MegaCopy Digital Data Pack Formatter (1 Drive Version)

MegaCopy Digital Data Pack Formatter (2 Drive Version)

MegaCopy Type II

MegaCopy Type III

Printer Gender Changer (same as Roller Controller Power Adapter)

SmartClock Eprom Socket on Motherboard

SydModem 1200 Baud Internal Modem Internal Expansion Slot #1

UNIVERSAL INTERFACE SYSTEMS (Unknown)

64K Memory Expander Internal Expansion Slot #3

WALTERS SOFTWARE CO. (Jim Walters)

ADAM's Desk Top Cartridge and Eprom Chip

Coleco Graphics Processor (Project Name By Line) Cartridge

SmartBASIC Cartridge and Eprom Chip (any version and or modified basic
interpreter)

SmartDSK Cartridge

SmartMATE for PowerMATE Hard Disk Drives Cartridge

SmartWRITER's Elite Cartridge and Eprom Chip

MISCELLANEOUS PRODUCTS

ADAM 256K Center Directory Digital Data Pack (Coleco Label)

ADAM 256K Center Directory Digital Data Pack (Loranger Label)

ADAM 256K Center Directory Digital Data Pack (Numerous Manufacturers)

ADAM 256K Right Directory Digital Data Pack (SuperGame)

ADAM Dust Covers by Classic Covers

ADAM Keybaord Overlays for Various Programs

ADAM Monitor Cable

ADAM Printer Diablo Hy-Type I Ribbon

ADAM Printer Wheels (Gothic 12, Script 12, Elite 12, Emphasis, Courier 72,
Pica, numerous others)