[Coladam] echo!

tscott at magiqueproductions.com tscott at magiqueproductions.com
Wed Sep 21 18:24:44 CEST 2011

I'm here. But since I joined this list I never properly introduced myself,
so I guess this is as good as time as any.

My name is Tommy Scott. I go by Tommy or Tom so either is fine. I grew up
in Mt. Clemens, Michigan. My first video game system was an Atari 2600,
which our family got sometime around '81. In the summer of '82 I got my
first home computer, the Commodore 64. I learned to program on the TRS-80
in high school the semester before I got my C64.

Sometime after the Atari 2600 I got the Colecovision, which is still one
of my favorite systems of all time. When I heard about the Adam computer,
I knew instantly that I wanted it when it hit the store shelves. I got my
Adam very early after its release. Mine had a printer problem and had to
be replaced, but the 2nd unit turned out fine. I had it until about 1987
when I sold it to someone after getting the Nintendo Entertainment System.

I always sort of regretted selling my Adam and all Colecovision related
stuff so I purchased an Adam about 5 years ago on EBay, but it didn't have
a power supply or controllers. It sat in my garage in a box unopened until
just this past Summer when I found someone to make me a converted PC power
supply. I got the power supply, 3 controllers (which don't work well
unfortunately), as well as Buck Rogers Super Game, Venture, BASIC, some
blank tapes, and CP/M and Assembler development system.

I'm planning to make some simple BASIC games to start with and then
eventually move to assembler. I don't have a lot of time to tinker with
the Adam, but I enjoy it when I do.

I'm a computer programmer by day at Bally Technologies in Las Vegas, NV. I
do freelance writing for the Living Forgotten Realms D&D Campaign and I
write and produce independent films. I've written for the Starship
Farragut Animated show and I have several 3D animated shows in production.

I'm married to my beautiful wife, Michelle, and have 2 beautiful daughters
in high school. I've been in the Las Vegas area now for about 13 years.

Here are computer and game systems that I currently own:

Coleco Adam Computer
Commodore 64
Atari 7800
NES