[Coladam] SmartWriter roms

Rich Drushel drushel at apk.net
Fri Sep 23 14:00:28 CEST 2011

On Thu, September 22, 2011 8:11 pm, SacNews wrote:

> As Mark mentioned, I guess it was Rich Drushel who patched it for 2nd disk
> drive access. It's the R97 prototype found here:
>
> http://www.theadamresource.com/software/index.htm#cset
>
> At least now I know I wasn't imagining the whole thing.

     This is a broken prototype (from memory), because I didn't
completely patch it correctly or something.  After a 10+ year layoff,
I tried to get up to speed on the disassembly to fix it, which led me
to working again with Z80DIS22 (under CP/M emulation), but then Z80DIS22
kept running out of symbol table space, leading me to look at the Turbo
Pascal source of Z80DIS22, which has many hard-coded assumptions about a
64K address space that I discovered when trying to get it to even compile
under Turbo Pascal 5.0, after many edits while trying to teach myself
Pascal.  That was my August 2010.  Then the new school year at CWRU
hit, and I ran out of time.

     Regretfully,

     *Dr. D.*