[Coladam] SmartWriter roms

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 04:18:55 CEST 2011

As was mentioned, Jim Walters released a number of SmartWriter patch
programs on DDP/Disk & Cart. The best was SmartWRITER Elite and if memory
serves me right, there is an option to replace Data Drive #2 with Disk Drive
#2 for loading and saving functions.

When I sent him the SmartWRITER prototype revisions (R81 and two different
R84s) that Doug Rosenvinge had acquired, he was very excited to tackle the
project of merging all their improvements and fixes with what he had done
over the years to great a "SUPER" SmartWRITER. Unfortunately this was in
1993 and he was less and less motivated due to sales slowing to a crawl and
then we (NIAD) closed up shop in early 1994... so I never followed up with
him on this. At least I was able to obtain the rom dumps from him last year.

Jim