[Coladam] SmartBASIC Routines from ML

Dale Wick dmwick at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 20:27:59 CEST 2011

I think at least 4 people made a commented disassembly of SmartBASIC actually.

Do you have any copies of the Hacker's Guide to the Adam, either volume 1 or 2 Richard?

I would say that the Hacker's Guide to the Adam is quite useful but the copy on ebay is kind of expensive.  To know about the detailed structure of SmartBASIC though, volume 2 is even more valuable.  I'm sure I have a copy here somewhere.  I'll try to remember to locate it so that I can look up the answer to your immediate question.

Most people actually take a slightly different approach, by using that shape draw routine from SmartBASIC you don't usually need to worry too much about the speed of your code in BASIC I guess.  But why not dig deeper, right?

At one point or another I wrote line drawing routines for use in doing things similar to what the shape drawing commands do in assembly language, but I don't think I ever published them on the Internet.  Maybe I'll keep an eye out for them though.

Dale