[Coladam] Floppy Drive Controller Chip

bob rslopsema at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:22:35 CET 2011

OK, now I am confused.  You say you have narrowed it down to the controller
chip. How did you deduce that, if I can ask?  Normally, I would come up with
the idea that the write protect sensors on the left of the drive are not
working.  I do actually have some of the 6801 chips still stuck into
controller boards, I am sure. And YES, there were other eprom chips that
could be inserted in place of the 160k ones to make a 320k or a 720k drive;
but they also required some other adaptations to the drive mechanism such as
disk in sensor.  Where to get one of those eproms is a good question.  I do
have some directions somewhere......