[Coladam] Yet another way to copy Adam disks

Dale Wick dmwick at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 05:20:38 CET 2011

A couple of weeks ago, while researching external USB floppy drives for my AdamNET device project, I came across an interesting USB adaptor card for 5.25.  You supply the drive mechanism and they give you an adaptor card that can connect to it.  It is read only, but with it you can make disk images of a wide variety of formats.  I believe that it should be able to read Adam disks too, although I haven't tried it.

Anyway, perhaps you'd like to check it out, and report back here how well it worked.  The online reviews that I looked at made it seem potentially useful:

http://www.deviceside.com/

and it is only $55.25 for the board.  So that's not that bad.

Dale