[Coladam] Convention

Frances and/or Richard Clee cleechez at tamcotec.com
Fri Jan 27 00:44:42 CET 2012

It seems that the new year has forced a certain amount of recalibration
on Quebec hoteliers. Hotels in the City remain expensive and given
labour costs in the province will always be.

But it now appears that a number of hotels are backing off their
seasonal premiums, at least in the price classes most likely to be hurt
in the current economic conditions. Specifically, there is no advantage
to us in avoiding the months of July and August. There are
availabilities in that time period we can afford.

We would therefore ask all those who have confirmed attendance plans
with Daniel for previous suggested dates to advise if they can work with
a change to a July or August weekend. (Copies to Bob Slopsema and I
would help).

For those for whom previously announced time periods were not workable,
please advise any July/August weekends on which you could and would come.

One thing clear from our research is that some hotels are still heavily
booked for the whole season, and some others are filling fast. Many are
requiring significant deposits and not all are refundable. There are
firm decisions must be made and must be made soon.

So if you'd like to come to an Adamcon, but there is only a limited time
window available to you, let us know and maybe we can find away even if
it means a summer month booking.