[Coladam] Convention

Guy Bona-AdamEm Utilities adamemut at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 1 04:30:12 CET 2012


Hi rich,

Tentative with Sue and I, depends if we can get the vacation dates. I would probably be allowed to take three days in July, since it is a very busy period at work. $500 for four days is steep. Again, we should have a backup city and in agreement with everyone in case a hotel cannot be booked in Quebec City. So, let's bring it up at the chat tomorrow night.

Sue and I can share a king size bed in a non-smoking room. First, let's see how many others can come and if the dates can work with everyone. This convention is going to be very tight this year. Let's hope for the best and see what can be worked out.

Guy

--- On Mon, 1/30/12, Frances and/or Richard Clee <cleechez at tamcotec.com> wrote:

> From: Frances and/or Richard Clee <cleechez at tamcotec.com>
> Subject: [Coladam] Convention
> To: coladam at adamcon.org
> Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 8:39 PM
> We have undertaken further research
> regarding Adamcon 24 and find we 
> need a great deal more information. Please reply to the list
> with your 
> response.
> 
> So far the time most suitable for most people is July 19-23.
> It is not 
> good for some and completely out for others, but based on
> what we have 
> been told so far this is the most workable for the majority.
> Please 
> report if you can live with these dates or if a close change
> would work, 
> what it is.
> 
> Inflation and a high tax rate (18%) make this a high cost
> venue. It 
> looks like a very nice event can be managed but we will need
> a rate of 
> $500 per person to make it so. Can you cope with this?
> 
> Many of the hotels are selling our remarkably quickly, to
> the point 
> where we need to be able to commit within the next week or
> so. If you 
> intend to come, tell us, tell us now, and confirm you can
> live with the 
> dates and price offered. Br sure your plans are firm - some
> reservations 
> require a very hefty non-refundable deposit.
> 
> What type of room do you need, and is there any substitute
> you can 
> accept (eg., King or twin beds, etc.) Where demand is high
> we may not be 
> able to get the first choice, so it is imperative we know
> what you can 
> live with.
> 
> If you cannot commit right now, how soon can you give us a
> definite 
> answer? Some places will allow early cancellations without
> penalty.
> 
> Would you prefer to be up on the plateau near the airport,
> or down by 
> the river? With luck it will be strawberry season on l'Ile
> d"Orleans 
> that week.
> 
> Please note that if you cannot commit now but should be able
> to do so 
> soon, let us know your situation. But if there is no advance
> warning, it 
> looks as if a last-minute decision will encounter a solid
> no-vacancy 
> rate all around the city.
> 
> But above all - we need to know NOW. - rich
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Coladam mailing list
> Coladam at adamcon.org
> http://adamcon.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/coladam
> 


More information about the Coladam mailing list