[Coladam] ADAM Assembly Programming

Dale Wick dmwick at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 21:40:38 CET 2012

The EOS programmer's Manual by Guy Cousineau is available here:
http://adamcon.org/eosprogman.html
The Adam Technical Reference Manual (by Coleco) is here:
http://drushel.cwru.edu/atm/atm.html
My page on how to program in assembly for Adam is here:
http://adamcon.org/~dmwick/mayan/
with a handy cheat sheet on OS7 functions and a working sample project.

Not sure where you'd get the Hacker's Guide to the Adam volume I by Peter Hinkle but it is a really compact overview of everything you'd need to know for advanced features.  Generally evereything is also in the ATM or EOS Programmer's Manual too.

http://z80.info is a great resource for learning assembly language for the Adam.

Daniel's SDK has lots of ColecoVision cartridge source code.  So it is handy too.

There is also a ColecoVision programmer's mailing list on Yahoo Groups.  A great place to ask questions if they aren't being answered here or on AtariAge.

For native work, I really like Aztec C mentioned earlier or Turbo Pascal for CP/M.  For cross compiling C code you can use SDCC.  It is actively being worked on and works quite well. Daniel's GETPUT library is made to be used with SDCC now too.

Dale