[Coladam] Importing BASIC program listings into SmartBASIC

Kevin Powers kjpmail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:58:51 CET 2012

I have a bunch of BASIC programs that I have typed up into text files.
 I would like to be able to somehow get them into SmartBASIC without
manually retyping them all.  Is there a way, using ADAMEm, to either
import a text file into a 160K ADAM disk/tape image and then EXEC that
text file, or to just call up a SmartBASIC prompt, type NEW, and then
somehow "paste" the text of the listing in as though it was being
keyed in manually?

The "pasting the listing as though it was being keyed in manually"
method works with some Apple II emulators.  Given that most of the
BASIC program listing that I have typed up are Applesoft BASIC, I
figure most of them (save for those with complex PEEK, POKE, & CALL
routines) should work fine in SmartBASIC.  Just need a method for
getting them into SmartBASIC.