[Coladam] Rare item Best Of B.C

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 10 03:33:49 CET 2012

Not too many people have the ORIGINAL Data Pack with the insert as Sydney
Development released this title on their own sometime in the first half of
1985 after Coleco annonounced they were dropping support of the ADAM
Computer in Jan. 1985. I'm not sure if Sydney handled distribution of the
game by themselves for the Canadian market, but in the U.S. distribution was
handled by the mail-order company Video Take-Out and there is actually a
reproduced/scanned image of the Video Take-Out ad in a number of the
Expandable Computer News newsletters on Joe Blenkle's ADAM Computer
website... that he painstakingly reproduced in HTML.

BTW, the games are identical to their cartridge format counterparts with the
exception of the added Hall of Fame.

BBTW, Coleco of Canada did release the ADAM version of B.C. II: Grog's
Revenge on Data Pack and that one did include some extra animated title
screens but the game is identical to the cartridge version. I do have this
original DDP with insert thanks to Rich Clee.