[Coladam] Introduction and Coleco Adam Floppy Disk Drive

John Turner gimechip at live.com
Fri Mar 16 00:46:16 CET 2012

Hello. My name is John a.k.a. Big John because my son is Little John. I am a vintage hardware developer who primarily works with the Tandy Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer series. I have recently acquired (at quite an expense unfortunately) much Coleco Adam equipment. I have to say, I love these machines.

The reason that I have joined this list is that I am wondering if anyone has the EPROM or EPROM image required to convert an Adam Floppy Disk Drive (FDD) to 1.44Megs? Also, are the instructions posted anywhere online. I develop hardware that I need personally and then if others are interested, then I produce a small batch. Let me know if anyone knows where I can obtain the info and eprom required for the drive conversion - Thanks - Big John