[Coladam] Introduction and Coleco Adam Floppy Disk Drive

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 16 06:58:19 CET 2012

Welcome aboard Big John and glad to have. It is funny that you would use the
name "Big John" as actually there was a gentleman that used that nickname
back in the glory days of ADAM Users Groups/Mail Orders who was one of the
most prolific developers of hardware for use with the ADAM after Coleco
abandoned it. His name was John Lingrel and his company name was Orphanware
Business Systems, which later became C.L. Digital when he partnered with
another longtime ADAMite, Ron Collins. As I stated, he developed many
hardware add-ons including Memory Expander, Parallel Interface, Serial
Interfaces, 80 Column Video Units, Voice Synthesizers, Clock Cards, etc.

Big John even developed ADAM Disk Drive upgrade kits that converted your
existing ADAM Disk Drive from 5 1/4" 160K to 5 1/4" 320K or even 3 1/2"
720K. The only two people who might have any info on these (firmware and
instruction) would probably be Herman Mason or George Koczwara... hopefully
they will see this and respond.

Besides a few others on this Mailing List, the only other person that might
have all this information, up to a max size of 720K, would be Terry Fowler.
I'm sure he still has the firmware program, but you would have to burn this
to a Prom yourself. You can contact him at www.ecoleco.com

Good Luck and keep us informed of your progress as we still love hearing
about new 'warez being developed for our favorite computer even after all
these years... especially if it is an SD Drive solution.

Jim