[Coladam] Question to all Adamites

Frances and/or Richard Clee cleechez at tamcotec.com
Mon Mar 26 22:40:17 CEST 2012

The price of anything is what the thing will bring on the market. On
something like the Adam, that depends on how badly the buyer wants it
and how interested the seller is in hanging on to it. It's an individual
transaction.

There are people in the market that want anything associated with the
Adam and will pay ridiculous sums to get it. A near-unused very complete
Adam with box went for over $500 on eBay recently. So be it, there are
likely only a few dozen like it in the world. And apparently about three
dozen bidders lusted after it. Were they sane? Who knows?

Similarly I am very reluctant to resell an Adam floppy drive when I get
one. Though I've had two I got in 1985 still working, I know also that
the board is very prone to overheating and the drive quickly becomes
useless and unrepairable. I think the over-$200 price paid recently on
eBay was foolish and ridiculous; others may disagree.

Meanwhile if anyone thinks he can get rich on Adam collectibles, I have
a fine huge collection on which I'll happily take bids. Almost all of it
works, too.