[Coladam] Busted ADAM drives?

geoffrey oltmans oltmansg at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 28 18:09:31 CEST 2012

What with all this talk of ADAM floppy drives, I was curious... how many of the
different flavors of floppy drives were produced? And as a side how many of you
out there have bad ADAM disk drives? A much as we all like DDP drives ;) it
seems like keeping as many of these in working condition as possible would be
beneficial. I myself have two drives (unmodified currently) and they are a
little flaky. One works mostly after it's warmed up a bit, and the other I
wouldn't want to trust to write anything with. I've also got Rich Clee's PM
floppy disk controller that doesn't quite work right (although I haven't played
with it yet since you lent it back to me Rich :( ).

We just sold our house (yay), and are in the process of trying to find a new
place. Once we get settled in to a new house I think I'm going to go "get my
ADAM on" (as Jim put it) with some hardware tinkering.