[Coladam] Busted ADAM drives?

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 23:29:22 CEST 2012

There was a SmartBASIC Public Domain program, that for some reason I did not
make a disk image copy of, called R.I.D. Test that performed a number of
Disk Drive tests. I would have to look for the write-up in the NIAD
Newsletter to refresh my memory on all the functions of the program.

As far as a calibration program, none exist that I had ever seen and I never
heard of a Coleco made software title made specifically for calibrating the
ADAM Disk Drive. What you can use for this purpose/alignment testing,
however, is the Disk Manager program disk that was supplied with each and
every disk drive made/sold by Coleco. The program does require that the disk
drive be in fairly good working order in order to load and I'm not sure if
Coleco purposely programmed it this way... perhaps performing some quick
tests before loading EOS-7 and then the Disk Manager program.

I was supplied with this info back in the day by Terry Fowler as well as Ed
Jenkins.

Jim/NIAD