[Coladam] COLECO DISK DRIVE ON EBAY

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 3 05:09:37 CEST 2012

Indeed Rich... BUYER BEWARE. This particular disk drive package did not even
include an ADAMnet Cable, Disk Manager disk or any ADAM disk for that
matter.

Actually, if you look at the condition of the drive as well as the condition
of the box and styrofoam packing inserts and also perform a little detective
work to look over the seller's other ADAM auctions (that he acquired from an
estate sale if I recall correctly), you will see that all the ADAM items are
in EXCELLENT physical condition including the large Exp. Mod. #3 ADAM box.
The excellent physical condition of everything would lead me to believe that
the original owner barely even attempted to use this system and seeing as
there were only a couple of ADAM software titles (all data packs) up for
auction, I would also venture a guess that the disk drive didn't get a lot
of use... if any. This disk drive is one that I would have immediately
jumped at the opportunity to purchase if I didn't already have two. I
actually had four disk drives which I obtained through eBay or AtariAge
purchases and they all worked and showed no signs of problems after
extensive use.

Still that is no guarantee to the working condition of anything, but in this
day and age, those that are interested in all this retrogaming and computing
gear sometimes have to roll the dice and hope not to come up with CRAPS for
items that they are desperately looking to purchase. Maybe about 15 disk
drives show up on eBay each year... and they all sell... and they all have
multiple bidders trying to purchase them.

Jim