[Coladam] Changing joystick "fire" buttons

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 27 00:01:59 CEST 2012

In the Virtual ADAM install directory is a subdirectory called DOSbox-0.72
(or it could have a different version number) and in that directory are
further instructions for how to use and access DOSbox' functions and setup
screens. What we have with Virtual ADAM is a tremendous frontend program
that loads the DOSbox emulator and then runs the ADAMem emulator within
DOSbox... pretty involved stuff, an emulator running an emulator.

Anyhow, you can't access any of DOSbox's functions until after you load and
run an ADAM program unless there is a Virtual ADAM command line
configuration file that I am not aware of because I never had the need to
look. So do this:

- Load Virtual ADAM
- Select the "Boot SW" checkbox on the main Virtual ADAM screen
- Press the "Boot" button
- Once in SmartWRITER, press CONTROL and F1 at the same time to enter
DOSbox' Keyboard Mapper

Good Luck,
Jim/NIAD