[Coladam] Memory expander

John Turner gimechip at live.com
Wed Aug 1 08:39:37 CEST 2012

Geoff - wouldn't you also need an addresser or printer card to access over 64K? If I remember correctly the 4464's support 256 cycle refresh same as the 4164 except that they are 4 bits wide - two would make 64k. I would therefore assume the PAL was used as the MUX chip. If the wiring differs from the MI card, then the MI PAL won't work. However, if you find yourself with some time, you could trace out the schematic with an ohmeter - I've done this with several old cards. What I do is draw a rough copy of the board and components. Then using multi-colored inks (to help me keep the wires separate) and and ohmeter, I recreate the board connections which then gives me the schematic. If you can generate a schematic, I am relatively certain I could write the proper GAL equations for you. - John