[Coladam] Versions of ADAM?

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 3 00:31:25 CEST 2012

The ADAM was, of course sold in North America (U.S. and Canada) with some of
the Canadian ADAM boxes and ???manuals??? being multilingual (English and
French).

You are correct that it was sold in England in association with CBS
Electronics, but I'm not sure if both versions (Exp. Mod. #3 and
Stand-Alone) were sold there... probably both. England actually saw
widespread availability as can be evidenced by the large users group that
was based there... U.K.A.S. run by Keith Marner for many years.

The Exp. Mod. #3 WAS sold in FRANCE as well and included a Slot #2 Language
Card that was populated with the French language version of SmartWRITER. I
heard about these Interface Cards BITD, but never saw one until about 6
months ago when a system with this card showed up on eBay France. I grabbed
the pic and should have went after the system, but shipping would have been
crazy expensive although I could have told the seller to keep/junk the
printer.

As far as any other countries such as Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy,
etc., I'm have no clue but would assume that they may have made there way to
these countries, but in extremely small quantities.

Jim/NIAD