[Coladam] RCA v. coax v. ADAM

John Turner gimechip at live.com
Fri Aug 3 06:53:40 CEST 2012

Geoff,
I have been looking at my pinouts collection :-)
It looks to me that you are correct - the audio lead on a commodore cable would carry the Adam video signal. But, unless I've glanced at it wrong, it doesn't appear that you could get any audio signal from using a commodore cable with the Adam.
Adam pinout would be:
1=audio,2=gnd,3=composite video, pin4=gnd, pin 5-7=nc
commodore pinout:
1=+6v (+12v on the TI-99/4a)
2=gnd
3=audio
4=video low (this is the video common to the vic-20/c64,etc)
5=video high

so a commodore cable would send the adam video out on the audio lead of the commodore cable and the adam audio to nowhere.

can anyone verify this?

BTW: you can get a commodore cable here:
http://www.quickerbuy.com/products/commodore-64-128-vic-20-monitor-cable-av-av-cable-984552209