[Coladam] RCA v. coax v. ADAM

John Turner gimechip at live.com
Fri Aug 3 09:00:05 CEST 2012

During this discussion I decided to lay out a small 1.9" x 1.9" PCB. It has a 5 pin DIN socket, 3 RCA jacks, a 10 ohm trim pot and .005uF capacitor. The capacitor is connected across the video as this seems to smooth out interference a bit. The audio signal goes into the center of the trim pot and the left and right are taken off the legs of the pot. This provides the same signal to both RCA audio jacks but gives a small "balance" control. If anyone wants to see the schematic & layout, I can email it to you. To use this you would plug an AT keyboard extension (male to male, 5 pin DIN) into the adam and into this board. Then a standard A/V cable would plug into the 3 rca jacks to connect to the TV/Monitor. Don't know how well this would work - I was just bored :-) -John