[Coladam] Transferring ADAM tape/disk images to physical media

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 20:34:55 CEST 2012

John:

It might be good to stick with convention and use the same slot that the Powermate IDE controller uses. The Powermate controller. From what I've seen, the controller latches the read/write data so that you can do 16-bit data access and the controller steps to the next address when you read out high or low order byte of the receive data (otherwise it would have to use difficult to find XT IDE drives). They used the same idea on the XTIDE controller that's floating around now. If you could make a workalike then you wouldn't have to worry about the device driver issue.

The PM IDE plugs into the leftmost slot (number 1). Here's a list of all the existing IO ports in the ADAM...