[Coladam] Transferring ADAM tape/disk images to physical media

John Turner gimechip at live.com
Sun Aug 5 13:32:39 CEST 2012

Jim, I think probably the easiest solution to access these images would be to create a serial server on the PC. This server could mount DDP and DSK images as they currently exist. A serial port on the Adam (even if it were a bit banger implemented with an existing port - such as the hand controller ports as mentioned by another yesterday) could connect the adam to the PC and the PC would act as a virtual Data Drive and Disk Drive. This should allow full read and write of the images as if they were physical media. This would probably be easy under CP/M on the adam, but it might require a patched EOS Rom for non-cp/m use. The patch would replace the code that loads from DDP with code to load over the serial server or rather than replace the ddp code, co-exist with it which would allow a ddp image to be duped to a physical data drive. Just a thought... John