[Coladam] CV/ADAM controllers hot-swappable?

Kevin Powers kjpmail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:43:56 CEST 2012

Jim & Co.,

I'd like to follow up on your IDE/CF issue.  I'm considering saving up to
eventually get one of those drives from Bob.  It's not clear to me
whether/how it would be possible to include on the CF a complete set of the
various Super Game Packs, SmartLOGO, etc.  Would each tape/disk image need
its own partition?  If so, is the number of partitions limited to the
number that it comes with?

Basically, I'm worried that I would get the drive but find myself still
having to use tapes (I neither have nor can afford an ADAM disk drive!) to
run Super Back Rogers, which is one of my all-time favorites, or the
various other Super Game Packs that I didn't get to play years ago but
would very much like to play today.

(Also, is it possible to boot into the IDE/CF without using a cassette to
"bootstrap" it?  Or is the initial cassette necessary to get over to the
IDE?)

Thanks,
Kevin