[Coladam] CV/ADAM controllers hot-swappable?

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 22 04:14:56 CEST 2012

Unfortunately all the Coleco made Super Games are NOT compatible with the IDE setup as was the case with other ADAM Hard Drives from back in the day. The Super Games are contained on non-standard EOS media due to the fact that they don't contain a standard directory, they load by reading specific block #'s, so very unlikely that they will ever be hacked/patched to work.

You don't copy DDP / DISK images to the partitions, you copy the actual files, image files are only useable via emulators in Windows PCs or Macs.

The max number of EOS partitions (10) is limited by the setup program which was written back in 1991.

A DDP or Disk with the boot loader to gain access to the IDE/CF is required.