[Coladam] CV/ADAM controllers hot-swappable?

Kevin Powers kjpmail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 04:44:14 CEST 2012

And one other question.  Over in Apple II land, there is a device called
the CFFA 3000, which allows an Apple II to read disk images off of a USB
stick or a CF card and treat them--byte for byte, sector for sector--as
though they were physical disks.

Is it at all possible that something like the CFFA 3000 could be created
for the ADAM?  If so, it would solve every possible problem of moving
between media.

And notably, the CFFA 3000, which has the disk image capability, is a
sequel to the original CFFA, which worked much like the ADAM IDE/CF
interface and was merely a large hard disk formatted in the Apple II's
internal OS and partitioned up to the max # of partitions available on the
Apple II (and, like the ADAM IDE/CF, was incapable of handling
"special-format" games that relied on tricky disk access commands).  It
wasn't until the CFFA 3000 that the ability to skip over the "store the
data in the ancient computer's native format" requirement was eliminated
and the ability to store straight disk images took hold.  But now that it
has, it's incredible.

If we had one of those for the ADAM, it would be perfect and could store
all ADAM software ever made in pure disk/tape images.