[Coladam] CV/ADAM controllers hot-swappable?

Jim Notini jnoti2 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 23 00:41:50 CEST 2012

Yeah, sad state of affairs, but right now, this is the best that can be done. A gentleman that goes by the name of Else on AtariAge has developed an ADAMnet SD Drive that allows for the loading of Disk Images and it works, but no one has heard from him in over a year... big bummer there. It was demoed at an ADAMcon a couple years ago and there is a lengthy thread on AtariAge discussing it... just search for ADAMnet SD Drive.

To answer your questions:

1) You can play Buck via DDP or Disk, that's it for now.

2) There is more ADAM software that WILL work with the IDE/CF package than will not work and I'm plugging away at all the best titles. SmartLOGO, SmartBASIC, some utilities, most Homerew games will indeed work.

3) An IDE Boot Cartridge is a very good idea although I would prefer a Boot Prom that would install in a Parallel Interface Card with the available open socket